Friday, February 19, 2010

February 20, 2010

Barre's first thooth around 3 months ago, he's showing it off!


Cowboy Barrett (8 months old)

Precious!



B looking handsome in his Polo outfit





2 days til we go to MD Anderson. I am looking forward to it, but nervous all at the same time. We have hotel reservations, ready to leave town mentally, but still have all the packing and laundry to do, fun fun! LOL.. Me, my mom, and Barrett are leaving to go to Houston on Sunday that way we can get settled in and know exactly where we are going before 7am on Monday. My daddy is going too; he's going to meet up with us in Houston..I'm so excited he is coming! Something about my dad gives me comfort :) He is amazing and I love how close we've gotten!! People may be wondering how I am doing. Well, I have my moments where I do feel scared, nervous, or even worried. It's okay to have those feelings as long as I get in check with them and give them to the Lord. He will take care of us. This brings me to something I want to share with everyone. About a month ago I had a few friends come by the house and we had a GREAT visit. We talked about family, friends, babies, work, you name it, and the all-loving God. It was such a life-changing visit. I decided that night that I want my heart to be filled with the Lord, live for Him the best I can, and learn all I can about the Bible and scriptures and His love and His works, so much more! I am not saying this to boast or to say anyone else needs to do the same. I am just proud to be getting to know Him and feel His love and want to share this with others. He blesses all of us everyday. Blessed be the Lord!
A few weeks ago we had my first benefit. It was a dance with my friend Jarrett Shaub and the Vagabonds playing music and let me tell you it was AWESOME! So many people came and I was humbled by how many people do care and the love they all have. It was a neat experience that I will never forget! I want to thank everyone who was able to go; it means so very much to me! I also want to thank one of my best friends Breane who has been helping out alot with raising money to help cover travel expenses, medical costs, and all that comes with that. She has been a tremendous help and I love her so much! Thank you to one of my moms best friends, Diane, for putting the benefit together! You, at Badger Tracks (a place I had make me, my mom, my dad, and Barrett cancer support t-shirts) thank you so very much! You made my day and I had to tell several people what a kind, supporting thing you did for us! It has truly opened my eyes seeing how many of you are coming forth and showing me and my family how much you all care for us. It touches my heart in a way I can not explain.
On a different note, Barrett is a few days shy from 10 months old!! Time has flown!! I remember when I could easily hold him with one HAND! For those of you who dont know he was 3lbs. 11 oz. when he was born! He is getting so big and cuter everyday! I seriously feel he is the cutest lil boy ever LOL..He has 5 teeth and the 6th one is about to pop through. He's already had his first dentist appointment and did wonderful for them! He manuevers around so good, but not by crawling exactly. Hahaha..he scoots, slides, turns, rolls, however he can to get where he wants. Within the last few days he's started pulling up on things but he thinks he can let go and nothing will happen. Wrong! He falls and then of course cries! One of his favorite things to do is stroll around in his walker eating cheerios! He's started opening up cabinets and drawers..ut oh! So when we tell him no and move his hand, oh man this does not make him a happy camper! He fusses and screams and cries! Bed time or nap time is somewhat of a chore now days..he fights it with all his might, afraid he'll miss something. His new thing he does is shakes his head no! He does that several times a day..It's hilarious! He's started saying a few words.. He's said Mama, Dada, baw-baw (bottle), bye-bye, hi, and bite. His little smiles now with all those teeth melts my heart! He is so precious! A blessing for sure!
Well that's it for tonight I need to get to bed. Barrett should be getting up soon for a bottle. I love you all so much! God Bless you!















2 comments:

  1. Kim, it's so good to hear from you. I'm so happy you have such a wonderful support system as you live through this experience. Not to mention that adorable little man of yours to make the fight worthwhile! It made me smile reading about all of his milestones. I can't believe he's almost 10 months old!! Where has the time gone? I hope you're feeling well and that you have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know about the benefit or I would have attended! I am so sorry! Let me tell you I shed a few tears of Joy for you when I read how yourself over to the Lord. God is good and He has a plan...A friend once told me The worst day of your life (situation in your case) ends up being the Best if it brings you closer to the Lord. And it is so true...without God you wouldn't have made it this long! I pray for you everyday! Stay strong in his word!

    ReplyDelete