Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 24, 2010

Barre with mommy's aviators on! (9 months old)


Barrett enjoying some bananas on his tray; one of his favs!


Barrett can pull up on everything now, and he walks all along the side of his crib! ( 10 months old )






Houston trip to MD Anderson was pretty successful. I got to Houston around late Sunday afternoon. Me and my daddy stayed with his cousin, Sherry and her family. They were so inviting and opened up their doors to us! What a wonderful, loving, sweet bunch!! We (me, my dad, and his cousin Sherry) got up around 4am (wasn't too bad but definately could have slept til noon easily!) Monday morning, got ready, and headed to the Med Center. We found where we needed to be easily, thanks to Sherry :), and I got registered and then shortly after I got called back. They began with vitals and several questions. Then the doctor examined me and asked questions and I asked questions. He told me he felt no vaginal tumors (which I was told were there by a different medical professional about 4 weeks previously). Praise the Lord!! Afterwards they called my dad in to discuss what's next. Dr. Coleman, such a neat guy, preceeded to tell us that the pathology lab at MD Anderson believes my cancer is indeed small cell and rare and neuroectocrine. Whereas the orinal pathology labs who reviewed and diagnosed after the very first biopsy believes it is neuroendocrine. MD Anderson is going to continually review and study the slides of my original biopsy to determine which kind it actually is. I've been told there's a very fine line of difference between the two; very difficult to distinguish the difference. Either way there's a treatment plan for either! I have to go back next week for a PET scan. Thank you my Lord, my Savior, my Healer! Both of them involve chemotherapy and will have to be done at MD Anderson. But Praise God, there is hope! FAITH!

It was a great visit but I definately missed my Barrett boy! So good to be back home with B! I was so glad my daddy came with me to Houston!! I'm going to get my aunt Aprile to post some pics of Barrett. My computer won't let me for some reason.. Well God Bless you all! Love you!

5 comments:

  1. Kim and I did enjoy some time together and like Kim said, thanks to Sherry, Joe and Tonya for allowing Kim and I to stay in their home. And special thanks to Sherry for driving us to the Med Center and staying with us. I really don't have much else to add to what Kim said above, except Love you Kim and keep up the faith.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to have Jay and Kim stay with us on their trip to Houston MD Anderson. Like Kim I felt it was a very positive step and excited to have them treating Kim. All my friends that have been to MD Anderson had very positive outcomes....and we are praying for the same for Kim.

    Kim, you are such a lovely young lady and you are handling this with such strength and dignity...keep the faith!

    Any time you need to be here our home is open to you always...Sherry's Shuttle is here too..Ha! Joe and I feel blessed to be able to help where we can. We have joined your team of supporters to help you through this.

    Love ya,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love how positive you are! It makes me want to be more positive also, but there's always a silver lining to everything! I'm so happy that they have a plan, and that you're comfortable with the plan! I love you, and this made my day reading this! Give B a BIG OL' HUG from us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope you received good news today. Keep fighting Kim, we love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, for some reason B's pictures weren't showing up whenever I checked this last, but oh my goodness if he is not just precious!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete