Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 11, 2009


This week has been an interesting one! Kim will have her last day of chemo for round three tomorrow. Met with the Doctor today and he has decided that chemo will continue as it has on three days on week and off two weeks. He does however want to start radiation along with chemo; radiation will be everyday for fifteen minutes for six-weeks straight. He also said we will be doing the CT scan one day this week…So we will do this and keep strong! Pray that Kim will keep her faith and strength to continue to fight and pray that the CT scan will show improvement, at least no spreading of the cancer.

Kim is so excited about the blog page I am setting up for her and thrilled and touched (tears) when I explained to her how many were praying for her just through the weekly e-mails and how many want to respond encouraging messages to her. So I explained getting the blog up so all this can happen as well as the bracelets. Just so you all will know we have decided on “FIGHT FOR BARRE” will be the blog domain/name and the theme to all we do. (Bracelets, t-shirts). She loved this all and therefore we will go forth! Notice the attached picture…he has her checks!!! J

I have a friend that has a foundation already thought has been up and running for years. In early spring I was asked to be a part of this foundation which meant a lot to me. Tackle Cancer Foundation was founded by former NFL player Eli Alexander and he too has cancer and is a success story within it’s self. He is a great motivation to all and wonderful person and friend. He is happy to have us put Tackle Cancer Foundation.com on the other side of the bracelets so this helps us get the word out about not only his story and Kim’s but others. The foundation helps families that have kids with pediatric cancer (where my heart is) as well as families that have a parent with cancer with their finances as they go through treatments and travel for treatments. The foundation is growing and I am blessed to know and be a small part of this foundation. Sometimes I think GOD put us together for a reason…

Now, baby Barrett is doing great! We all call him Barre and he is so strong and handsome! I must say he is such a precious one and I do believe he knows me know when he hears my voice! LOL He had an eye appointment last week and all checked out…Continue prayers that he too will continue to grow strong and healthy and continues to amaze us with his health!

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is the first time I have accessed the site. Thank you so much Aprile, this means a lot to so many people, most importantly to Kim and Barre. I know you cherished feeding him when you did,,,but I got to feed him first!!!! Nanner Nanner (j/k). Thanks again Aprile, love you. signed: Kimberly's Dad and Barre's G-Pa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmie I have been a friend of your dad's for many years and just found out about your fight. You hang in there and fight this for you and for Barre. I am keeping you, Barre, Jay and all of your family in my prayers daily.

    Marla Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, Your precious little bundle of love is the very best motivation anyone could ever have to get well! I've known your Aunt Aprile for many years. You are blessed to have her in your family. Keep your focus on the prize: good health and loving your baby as no other can! Know that you continue to be in my prayers as you tackle and defeat this unwelcome invader. God bless you and protect you and heal you.
    A friend of Aunt Aprile, Beth Bird

    ReplyDelete