Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 4, 2009




Well we had a great time with Kim and Barrett! Attached are pictures of Andra and Barrett, Aunt Aprile and Barrett, and Kim and Barrett! As you can see he just doesn’t get enough of kisses and holding time! I will admit I let him take many naps in my arms and Andra seemed to take over if I wasn’t holding him! OOPS!!!

Barrett is such a good baby and I do know that GOD is taking care of him. Thanks to you all as well for all the prayers for Barrett as you can see your hard work has paid off! He is adorable and has started smiling a little which is great! Continue to pray that Barrett will continue to grow strong and be a good baby for Kim.

Kim has Barrett are on such a great routine and she is such a wonderful Mom! She still gets tired but insist on doing the late feedings. She says that is their time together when they can just sit and talk alone without any interruptions. Then the early AM is when I got my time and it was great so she could get some hours of straight sleep and I got a lot of kisses and smiles and cuddle time! I LOVED every minute of it! Kim will start her third round of chemo June 8th and then a CT Scan is planned and Dr. Capen is already talking about radiation on the tumor. We will know more details after the CT scan. Continue to pray that the cancer has not spread and the tumor will shrink. Pray for Kim to have continued support and strength through all the treatments and the will to fight this cancer. As we all know, having a newborn is hard enough on hormones and sleep patterns much less adding cancer and chemo into the mix.

She plans to come stay with us in Dallas so her and Barre can have some time away and a small vacation; yes I am so excited and plan on spoiling the both of them! I am already getting their room ready! LOL

Still working on getting the BLOG up and going and I have ordered bracelets to wear that say “FIGHT FOR BARRE”, they are zebra bracelets for us to wear and to help remind Kim what she is fighting for! Encouragement and positive attitudes is what she wants to have surrounding her!

Thank you all and I can see that all your prayers are working and GOD is with us, you can feel it…

No comments:

Post a Comment